Monday, August 16, 2010

A Simple Happy Birthday!


I'm a little late on this but as I was driving through the Rocky Mountains on my way to Colorado, I remembered. August 12th marked the 1st birthday of H is for Handmade! I am so perplexed as to how it has already been a year? When I first started this blog, I really didn't know what direction to take it. I still don't. Mainly because I have no idea what I am doing. My blog is so very elementary. The design is basic. The format is standard. It is not adorned with a plethora of buttons and links. It has not caught the attention of, or benefited from any sponsors. And that is why I feel hopeful and maybe even a little validated that it has been somewhat of a success despite such simplicities! I must be doing something right? Right? I merely thought it would be a great way to show modest and inexpensive ways to be innovative in adding character and life to the home and wardrobe. It was more of a journal of my creations and a way for me to make Mom proud that I have inherited her love of crafting! I am thrilled and thankful that this blog has grown to several hundred followers through outlets like, Google Reader, Bloglines, Facebook, and yes, even Twitter. (I totally forgot that H is for Handmade was even on Twitter!)  I am also thankful to all the blog author's that have allowed me to be their guest and grace computer screens around the world! I am also grateful to those who have been a guest on this blog and have supported me and shared their talents with all of us. It has been a great year and I look forward to many more. I may now take my gracious bow! 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy belated blogiversary! I feel a bit frustrated with my blog at the moment, but yours is waaay lovelier than mine! Wishing you more fab years to come :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails